Here at LBA, we believe wholeheartedly in the efficacy of all-natural ingredients. This means our products contain a wide variety botanicals that are equally as good on your face as they are in your glass. It’s no wonder that the same ingredients that help to clarify, hydrate, and brighten your skin also taste really good in a cocktail. So, we decided to spotlight some of our favorite skincare ingredients and put them in a drink. Because, why not?
First up, chamomile. Chamomile is ultra-soothing for both your skin and your spirit. Topically, it’s a great anti-inflammatory to reduce redness, soothe damaged or broken-out skin and it’s a natural antiseptic that gently cleanses and helps protect your skin. Chamomile tea, of course, has long been used to ease anxiety and sleeplessness. This light chamomile, ginger, and whiskey cocktail is perfect for helping you calm down, cool off, and enjoy a sweltering summer afternoon outdoors.
- 6 tablespoons dried chamomile (or 6 chamomile tea bags)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of 1/4 orange
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2-4 teaspoons honey
- 3 fl oz whiskey or bourbon
- Brew the chamomile tea in about 32 oz of boiling water until fully steeped
- Strain through fine mesh strainer or remove tea bags when done steeping
- Stir freshly brewed tea while adding ginger, lemon juice, orange juice, and honey
- Muddle rosemary sprigs a little to help release flavor and add into tea
- Add whiskey, shake in shaker and pour over ice
- Add lemon wedges, rosemary and/or fresh chamomile flowers to garnish
This drink also features rosemary, naturally anti-bacterial for sweaty summer skin and great for promoting and maintaining healthy, shiny hair. Ginger, a powerful antiseptic, helps to tone skin and ground you through it’s earthy scent.
Next, matcha. Matcha contains chlorophyll that gives the powder it’s rich green color and powerful antioxidant properties that detoxify and protect against free radicals in your skin. Mint is calming, soothing, and clarifying. Because it’s rich in Vitamin A, mint is great for helping to heal breakouts and clear up oily skin. It’s ultra-invigorating scent, coupled with the high caffeine content of matcha, makes this cocktail perfect for kicking off a long summer night.
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1.5 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle mint with honey and lemon
- Add water, gin, and matcha powder
- Shake until chilled and matcha powder is dissolved
- Pour through a mesh strainer over ice
It’s that hot and sticky, dead-of-summer time of year when all we really want to drink is a margarita. The lavender in this easy recipe gives this one a light, floral flavor that makes it feel a little bit fancier even though this recipe is so simple. Lavender is gentle, but its a powerhouse ingredient for your skin. Soothing, calming, and detoxifying, when used in skincare lavender helps to heal damaged complexions, increase circulation and keep your cells renewed.
- 3 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces lavender simple syrup
- 2 ounces lime juice
- Sea salt and paprika to taste
Lavender simple syrup:
- To make: Add 3 tbsp culinary lavender, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup water to saucepan and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for a few minutes, then remove from heat
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes while the lavender steeps
- Rim glass with paprika and salt mixture
- Combine simple syrup, lime juice, and tequila in cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled
- Pour over ice
Here’s to a happy and restorative rest of summer full of self-care and self-love!